Sunday, March 06, 2011

Shopping

Went to Sarah's Fabrics in Lawrence again today.  An expensive habit.  Needed some quality time with my best friend so the hubbies kept the kids while we had a day out.

I've been picking up a spool of King Tut thread every time I am at a fabric store that sells it.  I have quite a collection now. :)  Tomorrow I'm going to put some satin binding on a quilt for my nephew.  He's actually my foster nephew, but I think my sister will be able to adopt him soon.  Good news!

The brown polka dot fabric is flannel.  I'll use it to bind Owen's big boy quilt.  I'm about to take it to the quilter.

The primary colored fabrics are so much fun.  I don't have any particular plans for them yet, but I'm thinking on it.

The blue Fandango print will be used to finish my grandmother's pillow covers.

And the gray Denise Schmidt is a print I've been coveting for some time now.  I don't have much gray in my stash, so I justified getting some today.

$71 later, I left the store.  Bad habit, I tell you!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh OUCH! That's a habit I couldn't afford! But I love that Fandango print!!!! Thanks for sharing with us! =) And glad you had a great time out with the girls!

Caitlin said...

I see yet again you've passed my house and forgotten to invite me to the fabric store... :( I'm crushed over here, Nikki! Just kidding.

Unknown said...

Sorry, Caitlin :) Parthena and I got a rare moment without kiddos and needed to catch up.