Wednesday, March 16, 2011

KC Scrappy Bee

Tonight I finished a top!  My friends in the KC Scrappy Bee are all members of the Kansas City Modern Quilters' Guild.  My month was last June and I'm just now getting around to finishing my quilt top...  I gave each of them the focus fabric in the center of this block with the stipulation that they could make any type block as long as this fabric was in the center of the block.



I am using only fabric from my stash to finish this quilt.  I bought a bolt of this purple and green gingham when a local quilter who has an online shop decided to downsize.  There's enough for a backing, too.  Might be a little boring with this same fabric for the backing, but it's a good way to use it up, so that's what I'm going with.  I was happy that I could tone down the pinks somewhat by using the purple/green print.  I promise those pinks aren't as obnoxious as they appear to be in this photo.  The top right corner is a solid pink block that will be a signature block for each of my bee members to sign.



No comments: