Monday, October 18, 2010

Trim the tree swap


Trim the tree swap, originally uploaded by nkiblueeyes.

On Flickr, I signed up for a swap where I make 3 ornaments to send to 3 different people and then 3 different people will send me ornaments...

Trying to get into the holiday spirit!

And trying to get some things accomplished from my to do list... I have not gotten ANY Christmas gifts finished and have only started a few...

I've made these in the past for friends and family. They're very easy and quick!

Cut 3 inch, 4 inch and 5 inch squares... Fold them diagonally/iron and then do it again so that you have a prairie point. Then sew the 3 units together by zig-zagging the raw edges... I cut some brown tweed wool up for a trunk and sewed across the bottom. To finish it off, I use brown pearle cotton in a loop on top to use to hang it from the tree. Simple as pie!

What are you guys doing in the crafty department for others this Christmas???

No comments: